Jan 23, 2009

I Knew It Would Happen One Day

I have been waiting for the day one of the girls would wake up while I got ready for work and today was the day. For two years I have been getting up at 4:45am to get ready and be at work 30 miles away by 6:20am. I've always worried that the shower or blow dryer would wake one of them up, but after a year I thought we were in the clear. No one woke up. This morning Paige opened up the door to the bathroom with the shock of the bright light in her eyes. A bad dream had woken her...not me. She said a man with sharp things in his hands was chasing her...pretty scary I'm sure for a 4 year old. She wasn't crying, so my main concern was trying to get her back to sleep since she had a few more hours before she needed to get up. She on the other hand said, "Hold me and take me where you go, Mommy." By now Scott wakes up because she is not whispering. When do kids learn that? I tucked her into my side of the bed where we had to go through a ritual of hugs and kisses. Who can resist the "Just one more kiss Mommy?" I thought I finally had her settled when she asked me when I would pick her up from school. She went on to tell me I needed to get Tate off the bus and then come in the house only to get her a snack (popcorn and raisins) before jumping in the car to get her. I finally escaped back to the bathroom to brush my teeth...my precisely timed morning routine thrown off. Luckily, I did have time to still make some coffee before leaving. She is as cute as can be, and I dread when she doesn't want the hugs and kisses anymore. I may have been rushed, but it was a nice way to start the day!

No comments: