Feb 19, 2009

I AM A TEACHER...I THINK

I can't stand to do homework with Tate...most of the time. It really has nothing to do with Tate. I just think it is the way my mind works and why I teach high school. It is not my thing, and I think today I just needed to say that outloud.

It took two hours, lots of tears, whining, and raised voices for her to write 12 super sentences today. The sun was shining and I wanted to go outside, but twelve sentences that each had to start with a new word and include a spelling word became a huge rock on my back.

The only light in the whole experience was Tate's use of the word torch. I had gone outside with Paige to let her ride the car on the sidewalk. No need for her to not enjoy the sunshine. When I came back inside, I looked over Tate's sentences. For torch she had written....My dog Scout torches my dog Jackson in the backyard every day. I smirked (inside) and asked her if she knew what a torch was. She said no, so we talked about the Olympics and Scooby Doo carrying a torch through a haunted house. But how hilarious is that!

No comments: